Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Open House I and II

Tuesday night was my school's open house, we have about 12 to get it all together. I do not know if people even begin to know how stressful it is. Think about having a huge party at your house the day after moving back into a house that have been closed for a year.

needless to say,

The 9-11 board DONE

THis was half way though, I re did the borders bout 3 times doing different ways.




It was a royal pain in the butt. I know the layering on bothers make it look so much better. However, getting them evenly around the board is a massive board. The thing that I am particularly proud of is the savaging of the straps that came with the new white boards. I took gold glitter glue and brushed over them then rubbing it across, different ridges gave it a nice effect. Then I ran the white strap between the red and blue border. I used the same straping with the ribbon that was used for the pentagon.

I got the pentagon completed.

Then I added small, hologram red stars to give some depth.


Last I add covers from former students projects. ON there are Rodney, Asia and Bernard.

I got up my second board .....re cycled material. I found some unused material that had been purchased for a skating dress. THE benefit is that it stretches like crazy.



The largest board also done in blue is put up. I found a branded type of garland from my favorite store ! THe Dollar store left over from July 4th.

Using the Road sign posters
see this link...
http://www.teachersnotebook.com/product/KTVee/classroom-construction-signs





I was able to clean up the room and hid all the unfinished products. (see below)

This is the first time I have gone though a Open house with no roster of names. Still have no clue of the class sizes, or the kids, it became a blur. I ran out of time and forgot to do a sign in, so no record of the turn out.

O well cant beat myself up. I am please the results of the work.

Today, professional development. FUN FUN......that is a blog for another day.

Tonight I got to go to my Son's open house. He is attending a magnet high school, for computer tech. He and I were extremely excited about the staff. The staff is on the younger side. They are excited about their jobs and are working on being cutting edge. THey are integrating technology into the classroom with the concept of bringing their own technology. The program I signed up for but because my teammates wouldnt couldnt give up their summer time, we couldnt do it. Why those of us who wanted to do it and were willing to do it should have been allowed to go forward. But either way My son's school is doing it. So I get to watch from the side lines and learn from their success and their failures!

Updates on the boards.... later on!



No comments:

Post a Comment